Bhabha Atomic Research Centre Exam
Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) was established in 1954.The BARC started as the Atomic Energy Establishment, Trombay (AEET). The first apparatuses at BARC and its affiliated power generation centers were imported from the west. India’s first power apparatuses, placed at the Tarapur Atomic Power Plant (TAPP) were from the US. The plutonium used in India’s 1974 nuclear test carried out in Pokhran in the Thar desert of Rajasthan (Peaceful Nuclear Explosion) came from CIRUS, the primary charter of which was peaceful nuclear research.
Bhabha Atomic Research Centre,
Mumbai – 400 085