Go Back   2023 2024 Courses.Ind.In > Main Category > Main Forum

Old January 25th, 2013, 05:18 PM
Rana Hiltsw

Default ISS Hague PhD

Can you give me the course structure of the ISS PhD of the Institute of Social Studies in The Hague, will you please provide me or tell me from where I can download?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 28th, 2013, 05:25 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: ISS Hague PhD

Here I a forwarding a link from where you can get the Structure of the PhD Programme of the International Institute of Social Studies in The Hague.

PhD Programme Structure:

Laying the groundwork:
The programme begins with coursework and preparation for a research seminar, which normally held within 9 months after the registration date.

On the basis of the seminar the student’s performance is evaluated and a decision is taken about continuing the programme.
Collecting detailed search data are collected during a fieldwork period of one year.
Producing results
The candidate then returns to the Netherlands and continues work on his/her thesis.

This phase of the programme consists of intensive thinking and writing in consultation with the candidate’s supervisors. This phase normally takes one and a half years.

Getting your PhD

The thesis is assessed by a Thesis Committee in the final six months of the programme.

On approval, the candidate will be given permission to defend his/her thesis publicly. If the public defence is successful, the candidate is awarded the PhD degree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in