Go Back   2023 2024 Courses.Ind.In > Main Category > Main Forum

Old January 28th, 2013, 02:18 PM
Dyepaypes

Default Unum Necessarium Definition

Can you provide me the definition of Unum Necessarium in Latin Dictionary? Please provide me the definition encyclopedia Britannica also for my reference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 29th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Unum Necessarium Definition

Unum Necessarium is a latin word which means- the one necessity = you only need one thing = the one necessary thing. Johannes Amos Comenius (1592 – 1670) published in 1668, in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, a work by the title Unum Necessarium. We may take it to express the one necessity. ‘The one needful thing’, a
saying of Christ Jesus recorded in Luke 10:42 is interpreted by Comenius “in what may be seen as an attempt to educate man and
enable him to distinguish what is needful from what is not. The one needful thing is man himself, or pansophy, light, wisdom. The mysticism of the union with God or the universal wisdom is in
Comenius' work forever accompanied by practical suggestions towards a better world, a world which is no longer a labyrinth.” For more details about the term you can download the pdf file provided.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Unum Necessarium Definition.pdf (74.3 KB, 0 views)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message