Go Back   2023 2024 Courses.Ind.In > Main Category > Main Forum

Old January 31st, 2013, 05:13 PM
sudha.saqw

Default SRMEEE for M Tech

I want to take admission in SRM University for M.Tech. So please give me the syllabus of SRMEEE for Chemistry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 5th, 2013, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: SRMEEE for M Tech

The syllabus of SRMEEE for Chemistry is as follows:

Unit 1 : Some Basic Concepts in Chemistry Matter and its nature, Dalton’s atomic theory; concept of atom, molecule, element and compound; physical quantities and their measurements in chemistry, precision and accuracy, significant figures, S.I. Units, dimensional analysis; laws of chemical combination; atomic and molecular masses, mole concept, molar mass, percentage composition, empirical and molecular formulae; chemical equations and stoichiometry.

Unit 2 : States of Matter Classification of matter into solid, liquid and gaseous states.

Solid State : Classification of solids: molecular, ionic, covalent and metallic solids, amorphous and crystalline solids ( elementary idea ); Bragg’s Law and its applications; unit cell and lattices, packing in solids ( fcc, bcc and hcp lattices ), voids, calculations involving unit cell parameters, imperfection in solids; electrical, magnetic and dielectric properties.

Liquid State : Properties of liquids – vapour pressure, viscosity and surface tension and effect of temperature on them ( qualitative treatment only ).

For the complete syllabus I am attaching the file.
Attached Files
File Type: doc SRMEEE syllabus Chemi.doc (37.5 KB, 0 views)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message