Go Back   2023 2024 Courses.Ind.In > Main Category > Main Forum

Old January 7th, 2016, 03:32 PM
Super Moderator

Default yogi vemana university question papers

Discuss about yogi vemana university question papers here. Welcome to Courses.ind.in and this page is for yogi vemana university question papers discussion. If you are looking for information on yogi vemana university question papers then ask your question is as much details as possible in the “Reply” box provided below. The more detailed your question will be, the more easy will it be for our experts to answers your query. And if you have any updated or latest information on yogi vemana university question papers, then please share you knowledge with our experts in the “Reply” box below. Your reply will be published here and your knowledge can help many people. Thanks for stopping by at Courses.ind.in. Please visit again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 5th, 2017, 01:57 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: yogi vemana university question papers

Hi I would like ton have the previous years question paper for the Organic Chemistry Subject for the Yogi Vemana University required for preparation?
Old May 5th, 2017, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: yogi vemana university question papers

The previous years question paper for the Organic Chemistry Subject for the Yogi Vemana University required for preparation is as given below.

Organic Chemistry

Question .1.

(i) Define the term ‘catenation’.

(ii) Which one of the elements – Li, Be, B, C, O, F, Ne shows the property of catenation.

Question .2.

(i) State the term for:- Compounds having the same general formula and similar chemical properties.

(ii) Name (a) The compound with – OH and with – COOH as the part of its structure.

(b) Homologue of homologus series with general formula CnH2n from the compounds given: Ethane, Ethene, Ethanoic acid, Ethyne, Ethanol.

Question .3.

(i) State the structural formula of ethane.

(ii) Draw the structural formula of the two isomers of Butane. Give the correct IUPAC name of each.

(iii) From the following list, write down the appropriate words to fill in the blanks (a) to (e) below: -
Addition, carbohydrates, CnH2n-2, CnH2n, CnH2n+2, electrochemical, homologus, hydrocarbons, saturated, substitution, unsaturated.

The alkane from an (a) ________ series with the general formula (b) __________. The alkanes are (c) __________ (d) __________ which generally undergo (e) ___________ reaction.

Question .4.

(i) For each of the compounds (a) Ethane, (b) Vinegar [acetic acid] and (iii) Marsh gas [methane], draw the relevant structural formula. What word is used to describe the above three compounds taken together?

(ii) Draw the structural formula of ethane. What is the feature of the ethane structure which allows ethane to react with chlorine in the way it does.

(iii) Give the correct IUPAC name and the functional group for each of the compounds whose structural formulae are given below:

Question .5.

(i) What is the special feature of the structure of : (a) C2H4 (b) C2H2.

(ii) What type of reaction is common to both these compounds?

(iii) Give the name and structural formula of (a) a saturated hydrocarbon, (b) an unsaturated hydrocarbon with a double bond.

(iv) Copy and complete the following sentence: A saturated hydrocarbon will undergo _________ reactions whereas the typical reaction of an unsaturated hydrocarbon is _________.

(v) State the term defined by the following :- Compounds containing carbon and hydrogen only.

(vi) State the general formula for a saturated hydrocarbon and give one example and structural formula of the same.

(vii) Draw the structural formula of ethyne. How does the structure of alkynes differ from that of alkenes.

(viii) Fill in the blanks with the correct words : – Alkanes are the (a) _______ [analogous / homologous] series of (b) _______ [saturated / unsaturated] hydrocarbons. They differ from alkanes due to the presence of (c) _________ [double / single] bonds. Alkenes mainly undergo (d) ________ [addition / substiution] reactions.

Question .6.

(i) Which compound is heated with soda lime to obtain C2H6 in the laboratory . Write the equation for the same.

(ii) Write the equation for the preparation of CH4 from anhydrous sodium ethanoate [sodium acetate].

Question .7.

(i) What type of reaction has taken place between ethane and chlorine.

(ii) Write the equation of the complete combustion of ethane.

(iii) What is the type of reaction taking place between ethane and chlorine to form mono-chloro-ethane.

(iv) Write the equation for the preparation of carbon tetrachloride from methane.

(v) Write a balanced equation for the reaction of ethane and oxygen in presence of molybdenum oxide.

Question .8.

(i) Name a solid used instead of conc. H2SO4to prepare ethylene by the dehydration of ethanol.

(ii) Write the equation for the preparation of ethylene from ethyl alcohol.
Or,
Write the equation for the reaction of heating ethanol at 170ºC in the presence of conc. H2SO4.

Question .9.

(i) Write a balanced equation for the reaction between ethene and hydrogen.

(ii) State what do you observe when ethene is bubbled through a solution of bromine in tetrachloromethane (carbon tetrachloride).

(iii) The reaction between ethene and chlorine forms only one product. Name the type of this equation.

(iv) Ethylene forms an addition product with Cl2. Name the product and give its structural formula.

Question .10.

(i) Write down the equation for the preparation of ethyne from calcium carbide.

(ii) Burning of acetylene (ethyne) in oxygen produces a very hot flame. What is this hot flame used for.

(iii) State one use of acetylene.

Question .11.

(i) What is the type of reaction between ethene and chlorine.

(ii) What feature of the ethene structure makes such a reaction possible.

(iii) Name the product of the reaction between ethene and chlorine.

(iv) What is the special feature of the structure of ethyne.

(v) Ethanol can be converted to ethene which can then be changed to ethane. Choose the correct word or phrase from the brackets to complete the following sentences : -

(a) The conversion of ethanol to ethene is an example of ______ (dehydration / dehydrogenation).

(b) Converting ethanol to ethene requires the use of ________ (concentrated hydrochloric acid / concentrated nitric acid / concentrated sulphuric acid).

(c) The conversion of ethene to ethane is an example of _______ (hydration / hydrogenation).

(d) The catalyst used in the conversion of ethene to ethane is commonly ________ (iron / nickel / cobalt).

(vi) From the list given : - ethanol, ethane, methanol, methane, ethyne and ethene. Name a compound : -

(a) Formed by the dehydration of ethanol by concentrated sulphuric acid.

(b) Which will give a red precipitate with ammoniacal cuprous chloride solution.

(c) Which forms methanoic acid on oxidation in the presence of copper at 200ºC.

(d) Which has vapour density 14 and turns alkaline KMnO4 green.

(e) Which forms chloroform on halogenation in the presence of sunlight.

(f) Which decolourises bromine solution in carbon tetrachloride.

(vii) Write balanced equations for the preparation of the following : -

(a) Ethane from sodium propionate (b) Ethene from ethanol. (c) Ethyne from calcium carbide. (d) Ethanoic acid from ethane.

(viii) Name a reagent which can be used to distinguish between Ethane and ethene.

(ix) Write the equation for the preparation of ethylene from ethyl alcohol.

(x) Name a compound which will give acetylene gas when treated with water.

(xi) Write the equations for the following laboratory preparations : -

(a) Ethane from sodium propionate. (b) Ethene from Iodoethane. (c) Ethyne from calcium carbide. (d) Methanol from Iodomethane.

(xii) Draw the structural formula of a compound with two carbon atoms in each of the following cases : - (a) An alkane with a carbon to carbon single bond.

(b) An alcohol containing two carbon atoms.

(c) An unsaturated hydrocarbon with a carbon to carbon triple bond.