Go Back   2023 2024 Courses.Ind.In > Main Category > Main Forum

Old January 8th, 2016, 11:15 AM
Super Moderator

Default uc csu

Discuss about uc csu here. Welcome to Courses.ind.in and this page is for uc csu discussion. If you are looking for information on uc csu then ask your question is as much details as possible in the “Reply” box provided below. The more detailed your question will be, the more easy will it be for our experts to answers your query. And if you have any updated or latest information on uc csu, then please share you knowledge with our experts in the “Reply” box below. Your reply will be published here and your knowledge can help many people. Thanks for stopping by at Courses.ind.in. Please visit again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 12th, 2017, 08:27 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: uc csu

Hii sir, I Wants to Complete my graduation from California I may Confused Where I get Admitted Either in California State University (CSU) Or University of California (UC) please provide me the Comparison between UC and CSU ?
Old May 12th, 2017, 08:27 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: uc csu

As you Asking for the Comparison between California State University (CSU) Or University of California the Comparison is given below

VALIDATION OF SUBJECT OMISSION BY OTHER COURSES

California State University

Mathematics

A grade of C or better in the first semester of Algebra II validates both semesters of Algebra
I. A grade of C or better in Trigonometry or Pre-calculus validates the entire high school college preparatory requirement. Integrated style Math 2 will be accepted in lieu of a geometry course. (See exception for UC below).

University of California
The omission of a geometry course (or a series of integrated math courses containing geometry content) cannot be validated by any higher-level coursework. However, the omission of the 1st semester of geometry can be validated by successful completion of the 2nd semester. Refer to UC’s Validation Matrix in the Quick Reference for Counselors guide.

1. Cost
The average cost of tuition alone for a full year at most CSU's is currently around $7000 while the average cost of an academic year at a UC is around $12000.

Consider the difference with how long it takes most to graduate, 4-6 years, and a CSU student would be be spending $20000-$30000 less than a UC student.

2. Locations
There are 23 CSU's located throughout California while there are only 9 UC's for undergraduate. So for those who are looking to commute or stay near their home, it is much more likely they will find a CSU near them than a UC.

3. High Acceptance Rate
Most CSU campuses have higher acceptance rates than most UC's. Many would consider a higher acceptance rate a bad thing since it means the university is taking most who apply.

But for students who had a tough high school experience and want to start over straight from a university rather than a community college,

a student who didn't have the time to get those extracurricular activities, or one who simply does not like a competitive atmosphere, going to a CSU could be the right choice.

VALIDATION OF SUBJECT REQUIREMENTS BY TEST SCORES
Required "a-g" courses may be satisfied with appropriate test scores on SAT Subject Tests, Advanced Placement exams, and designated International
Baccalaureate exams.

A list of acceptable tests and scores is available on UC and CSU websites.
For UC, the omission of a course in Geometry cannot be validated by any examination score.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in