Go Back   2023 2024 Courses.Ind.In > Main Category > Main Forum

Old November 28th, 2015, 01:45 PM
Super Moderator

Default msc chemistry from mdu

Discuss about msc chemistry from mdu here. Welcome to Courses.ind.in and this page is for msc chemistry from mdu discussion. If you are looking for information on msc chemistry from mdu then ask your question is as much details as possible in the “Reply” box provided below. The more detailed your question will be, the more easy will it be for our experts to answers your query. And if you have any updated or latest information on msc chemistry from mdu, then please share you knowledge with our experts in the “Reply” box below. Your reply will be published here and your knowledge can help many people. Thanks for stopping by at Courses.ind.in. Please visit again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 5th, 2017, 09:25 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: msc chemistry from mdu

Hi buddy as I want to do M.Sc. (Chemistry) form Maharshi Dayanand University (MDU), Rohtak , so would you plz provide me its syllabus to do compare it with other universities syllabus ??
Old June 5th, 2017, 09:26 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: msc chemistry from mdu

As you want here I am providing Maharshi Dayanand University (MDU), Rohtak M.Sc. (Chemistry) program syllabus :

M.Sc. Chemistry Ist Semester
Paper I CH-401 Inorganic Chemistry
4 hrs. / Week
Max. Marks: 80
Time: 3 Hrs.
Note:-Examiner will set 09 questions and the candidates will be required to attempt 05
questions in all. Out of 09 questions one question will be compulsory containing 08 short
answer type questions covering the entire syllabus. Further, examiner will set 02
questions from each section and the candidates will be required to attempt one question
from each section. All questions will carry equal marks.
Section-A
Stereochemistry and Bonding in Main Group compounds: VSEPR theory, dπ -pπ
bonds, Bent rule and energetic of hybridization.
(7 Hrs.)
Metal-Ligand Equilibria in solution
Stepwise and overall formation constants and their interactions, trends in stepwise
constants, factors affecting stability of metal complexes with reference to the nature of
metal ion and ligand, chelate effect and its thermodynamic origin, determination of
binary formation constants by pH-metry and spectrophotometry.
(8 Hrs.)
Section-B
Reaction Mechanism of Transition Metal Complexes-I
Inert and labile complexes, Mechanisms for ligand replacement reactions, Formation
of complexes from aquo ions, Ligand displacement reactions in octahedral complexes-
acid hydrolysis, Base hydrolysis, racemization of tris chelate complexes, electrophilic
attack on ligands.
(15 Hrs.)
Section-C
Reaction Mechanism of Transition Metal Complexes-II
Mechanism of ligand, displacement reactions in square planar complexes, the trans effect,
theories of trans effect, mechanism of electron transfer reactions – types; outer sphere
electron transfer mechanism and inner sphere electron transfer mechanism, electron
exchange.
(15 Hrs.)
Section-D
Isopoly and Heteropoly Acids and Salts
Isopoly and Heteropoly acids and salts of Mo and W: Structures of isopoly
and heteropoly anions.
(7 Hrs.)
Crystal Structures
Structures of some binary and ternary compounds such as fluorite, antifluorite, rutile,
antirutile, crystobalite, layer lattices- Cd I2, Bi I3; Re O3, Mn2O3, corundum, pervoskite,
Ilmenite and Calcite.
( 8 Hrs.)

Maharshi Dayanand University (MDU), Rohtak M.Sc. (Chemistry) program syllabus