Go Back   2023 2024 Courses.Ind.In > Main Category > Main Forum

Old January 20th, 2016, 09:56 AM
Super Moderator

Default indian maritime university(i.m.u) chennai

Discuss about indian maritime university(i.m.u) chennai here. Welcome to Courses.ind.in and this page is for indian maritime university(i.m.u) chennai discussion. If you are looking for information on indian maritime university(i.m.u) chennai then ask your question is as much details as possible in the “Reply” box provided below. The more detailed your question will be, the more easy will it be for our experts to answers your query. And if you have any updated or latest information on indian maritime university(i.m.u) chennai, then please share you knowledge with our experts in the “Reply” box below. Your reply will be published here and your knowledge can help many people. Thanks for stopping by at Courses.ind.in. Please visit again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 5th, 2017, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: indian maritime university(i.m.u) chennai

Hi I would like to have the information about the Indian Maritime University Chennai Campus as well as the details of the Campus and also the courses offered?
Old May 5th, 2017, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: indian maritime university(i.m.u) chennai

Indian Maritime University - Chennai Campus, already known as National Maritime Academy campus is situated on a 20 section of land grand beachfront property on the edges of Chennai, a clamoring cosmopolitan city. A 25 km drive along the East Coast Road embracing the coastline goes up against to the perfectly outlined building, a design wonder, set in the midst of lavish green sylvan environment. The sprawling grounds houses the scholastic square, inn, private and recreational offices.

The Academy was set up in 1985 with the specialized help from UNDP/UNCTAD to offer courses of legitimate guidelines.

It is credited with ISO 9001:2000 Certification and licensed as review 1 rating by ICRA.

It has current offices to direct preparing programs for both port and marine faculty.

IMU Chennai offers the following academic programs:

1) B Sc in Nautical Science
2) B Tech in Marine Engineering
3) Diploma in Nautical Science
4) MBA in Port and Shipping Management
5) MBA in International Transportation and Logistics Management
6) Post Sea / STCW Courses

Infrastructure

The scholastic foundation incorporates 23 classrooms (out of which 11 classrooms are aerated and cooled) outfitted with varying media help. For preparing the deck faculty, the grounds has a best in class Ship Maneuvering Simulator having the ability to produce pictures of different sorts of boats and port methodologies in assorted operational and climatic conditions. Motor room faculty get prepared on Engine-room Simulator equipped for making distinctive sorts of deficiencies and crises.

Understudies get hands-on preparing in the completely prepared machine shop and workshops for pipes, electrical, pneumatic, fitting, power through pressure and so on. Research centers for Chemistry, Physics and Navigation are accessible for preparing understudies. A PC lab with web availability opens understudies to different PC applications.

It has one of the best sea libraries in the nation with more than 8,000 books, diaries and magazines in the oceanic segment to enlarge the scholarly investigations of the understudies/members.

The Audio Visual division produces video movies for preparing and promoting. It has a document of more than 600 titles on DVDs covering an array of marine and port operations.

Training and Development

It attempts a large group of preparing projects and industry level communications. The University leads the preparation program under two divisions - Marine and Port.

The Marine division conducts pre-ocean and post-ocean preparing programs for dealer naval force faculty, working both on deck and building side. The projects extend from the passage level Pre-ocean Cadets courses to Ship Masters level courses. These contain Modular and ISPS courses affirmed by the Directorate General of Shipping, competency courses, designing courses and support courses.

Residential Facilities

The inn complex can suit 250 occupants. Inhabitants can get their physical exercises with open air/indoor recreations and a swimming pool. For routine wellbeing registration and crises, a medicinal focus is accessible. A visitor house and staff quarters are likewise situated in the grounds. Managing an account and correspondence offices are given to address the issues of the understudies.

Contact Details

Indian Maritime University - Chennai Campus
East Coast Road, Uthandi
Chennai 600 119.
Tel : (044) 2453 0343 / 345.
Fax : (044) 2453 0342.
Email: director.chennai@imu.ac.in