Go Back   2023 2024 Courses.Ind.In > Main Category > Main Forum

Old January 21st, 2016, 09:32 AM
Super Moderator

Default Osmania University Economics Syllabus

Discuss about osmania university economics syllabus here. Welcome to Courses.ind.in and this page is for osmania university economics syllabus discussion. If you are looking for information on osmania university economics syllabus then ask your question is as much details as possible in the “Reply” box provided below. The more detailed your question will be, the more easy will it be for our experts to answers your query. And if you have any updated or latest information on osmania university economics syllabus, then please share you knowledge with our experts in the “Reply” box below. Your reply will be published here and your knowledge can help many people. Thanks for stopping by at Courses.ind.in. Please visit again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 10th, 2018, 12:08 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: osmania university economics syllabus

Hi buddy here I have come to obtain Osmania University B.A. Economics (Regular) program syllabus , so would you plz provide me same here , if you have it ??
Old February 10th, 2018, 12:10 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: osmania university economics syllabus

As you are looking for Osmania University B.A. Economics (Regular) program syllabus , so on your demand I am providing same for you:

B.A. (ECONOMICS) SYLLABUS
Semester - I
MICRO ECONOMICS - I
Discipline Specific Course - Paper - I
Module I: Introduction:
Importance of Economics. Definition: Wealth, Welfare, Scarcity and Growth. Scope and
Limitations. Micro and Macro Analysis. Approaches to Economic Analysis. Partial Equilibrium
vs. General Equilibrium, Comparative Static and Dynamic analysis, Positive and Normative
Approaches.
Module II: Theory of Consumer Behavior:
Utility Analysis: Cardinal Utility Theory, Law of Diminishing Marginal Utility, Law of Equi-
Marginal Utility, Consumer Equilibrium. Ordinal Utility Theory: Indifference Curve Analysis,
Consumer’s Equilibrium. Price, Income and Substitution Effects. Types of Goods: Normal,
Inferior and Giffen Goods. Derivation of Individual Demand Curve and Market Demand Curve
with the help of Indifference Curve. Consumer Surplus
Module III: Supply and Demand Analysis:
Law of Demand, Movements and Shifts in Demand Curve. Elasticity of Demand, Price, Income
and Cross Elasticity. Degree of Elasticity. Methods of Measuring Elasticity are of Demand: Point,
Arc and Outlay Methods. Law of Supply, Movement and Shifts in Supply Curves. Elasticity of
Supply, Determinants of Supply. Derivation of Supply curve.
Module IV: Theory of Production:
Concept of Production. Production Functions: Linear and Non – Linear Homogeneous Production
Functions. Isoquants. Scale of Production. Returns to Scale. Law of Variable Proportions and
Variable Returns to Scale. Economies of Scale and Scope. Limitations of Production Function
Analysis. Production Surplus.
Module V: Production Costs: Concepts and Types:
Money, Accounting, Real, Opportunity, Economic, Implicit and Explicit, Short Run, Long Run,
Fixed and Variable Costs. Concepts of Total, Average and Marginal costs. Derivation of Long run
Average and Marginal Cost Curves. Relationship between Average and Marginal Costs Curves in
Short run and Long run

Osmania University B.A. Economics (Regular) program syllabus