Go Back   2023 2024 Courses.Ind.In > Main Category > Main Forum

Old January 21st, 2016, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator

Default my life at nda

Discuss about my life at nda here. Welcome to Courses.ind.in and this page is for my life at nda discussion. If you are looking for information on my life at nda then ask your question is as much details as possible in the “Reply” box provided below. The more detailed your question will be, the more easy will it be for our experts to answers your query. And if you have any updated or latest information on my life at nda, then please share you knowledge with our experts in the “Reply” box below. Your reply will be published here and your knowledge can help many people. Thanks for stopping by at Courses.ind.in. Please visit again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 24th, 2017, 04:20 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: my life at nda

I want to join National Defence Academy (NDA) so can you please tell me the life of Students at National Defence Academy (NDA)?
Old May 24th, 2017, 04:20 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: my life at nda

The National Defence Academy NDA is the Joint Services academy of the Indian Armed Forces, where cadets of Army, Navy and Air Force train together for three years.

It is located at Khadakwasla near Pune, Maharashtra.

The first thing every candidate experiences is the haircut which becomes his identity to the outer world.

All cadets are allotted with a bicycle, an academy number and a Squadron which is basically becomes his home for the duration of his training.

Each cadet is given a room of his own.

The cabins can be inspected anytime and so keeping things in order becomes second nature for the cadet.

There are 18 Squadrons which are named as Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta, Echo, Foxtrot, Golf, Hunter, India, Juliet, Kilo, Lima, Mike, November, Oscar, Panther, Quebec and Romeo.

Battalion No. 1, No. 2, No. 3 and No. 4 Battalions have four squadrons each (in alphabetical order) and No. 5 Battalion has two squadrons.

Each Squadron has approximately 100 to 120 cadets divided almost equally in 6 terms.

Training

A cadet is welcomed in NDA by Joint training team (JTT) through the two months long ‘Orientation Capsule’ during which, he is conditioned to toughen up mentally and physically.

Cadets are imparted a blend of outdoor and indoor training.

Outdoor training is carried out in the hilly and dense green terrain around the NDA campus.

Indoor training includes theoretical and practical training.

In Academics, the common subjects of the three services are covered.

These include weapon handling, map reading, military law, history and organization of each service.

Analysis of military campaigns and operations are also done. Debates, public speaking competitions, seminars and interactions with civil institutes are regularly organized.

Till fifth term all cadets undergo same training while the sixth term emphasis on service training.