Go Back   2023 2024 Courses.Ind.In > Main Category > Main Forum

Old January 23rd, 2016, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator

Default sentence completion gre

Discuss about sentence completion gre here. Welcome to Courses.ind.in and this page is for sentence completion gre discussion. If you are looking for information on sentence completion gre then ask your question is as much details as possible in the “Reply” box provided below. The more detailed your question will be, the more easy will it be for our experts to answers your query. And if you have any updated or latest information on sentence completion gre, then please share you knowledge with our experts in the “Reply” box below. Your reply will be published here and your knowledge can help many people. Thanks for stopping by at Courses.ind.in. Please visit again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 30th, 2017, 03:36 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: sentence completion gre

Will you please suggest me some Sentence Completion questions for practice of Graduate Record Examination, so that I can go through it?
Old May 30th, 2017, 03:38 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: sentence completion gre

No worries I will suggest you Graduate Record Examination, Sentence Completion questions so that you can solve them easily.

Here are some questions

1. With his sub-four minute mile Bannister broke a psychological barrier, and inspired thousands of others to attempt to overcome seemingly ____ hurdles.

A. insurmountable
B. inane
C. trivial
D. traumatic
E. ineffable

2. Ricks has written extensively not only on the poetry of such (i)____ figures in English poetry as Milton and Housman, but also on the less obviously (ii)____ lyrics of Bob Dylan.

Blank (i)
A. obscurantist
B. arcane
C. established

Blank (ii)
D. canonical
E. popular
F. judicious

3. People who seek advice from (i)____ often find that what they are told can seem true, because these seekers of information attribute significance to some predictions and ignore others. The mind seeks to make sense of predictions that, in themselves, have no (ii)____ value, and thus it becomes difficult to prove that the forecasts are (iii)____ .

Blank (i)
A. experts
B. philosophers
C. clairvoyants

Blank (ii)
D. special
E. general
F. legal

Blank (iii)
G. genuine
H. specious
I. accurate

4. Stress-induced amnesia is a rare and (i)____ phenomenon; it strikes the patient apparently without warning and the memory loss can be as (i)____ as that induced by (iii)____ trauma.

Blank (i)
A. devastating
B. venial
C. pervasive Blank (ii)
D. generic
E. limited
F. complete Blank (iii)
G. unexpected
H. mental
I. physical

5. The publishers, unwilling to (i)____ the entire risk, insisted that the author pay half the cost of the initial print run of his (ii)____ new book.

Blank (i)
A. hedge
B. shoulder
C. mitigate Blank (ii)
D. unexceptionable
E. controversial
F. jaundiced

6. Science advances (i)____ as (ii)____ change abruptly and we are forced to stop and reorient ourselves to view old information in new ways.

Blank (i)
A. exponentially
B. inexorably
C. jerkily Blank (ii)
D. paradigms
E. axioms
F. continuities

7. The game of chess is an example of a ___ information system: the pieces sit inertly on the board until the players move them according to known rules.

A. interactive
B. passive
C. cybernetic
D. disruptive
E. logistic

8. A highly intelligent person often thinks (i)____; a few snippets of information can trigger a (ii)____ conclusion that might not stand up to closer, and (iii)____, scrutiny.

Blank (i)
A. too deeply
B. too warily
C. too quickly Blank (ii)
D. firm
E. labored
F. hasty Blank (iii)
G. slower
H. precipitous
I. overt

9. Major philosophical (i)____ about morality, identity and rationality, for example, can often be (ii)____ by thought experiments: short and simple expositions that pose an abstract and complex problem in a concrete manner with all the (iii)____ factors removed.

Blank (i)
A. certitudes
B. dilemmas
C. dogmas Blank (ii)
D. mimicked
E. illuminated
F. evoked Blank (iii)
G. extraneous
H. inherent
I. pivotal

10. All good comic writers use humor to ____, not to side-step the problems of human behavior.

A. amuse
B. avert
C. juxtapose
D. confront
E. solve