Go Back   2023 2024 Courses.Ind.In > Main Category > Main Forum

Old June 15th, 2016, 03:17 PM

Default CGL Syllabus PDF Download

Discuss about cgl syllabus pdf download here. Welcome to Courses.ind.in and this page is for cgl syllabus pdf download discussion. If you are looking for information on cgl syllabus pdf download then ask your question is as much details as possible in the “Reply” box provided below. The more detailed your question will be, the more easy will it be for our experts to answers your query. And if you have any updated or latest information on cgl syllabus pdf download, then please share you knowledge with our experts in the “Reply” box below. Your reply will be published here and your knowledge can help many people. Thanks for stopping by at Courses.ind.in. Please visit again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 20th, 2018, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: cgl syllabus pdf download

Hi buddy here I am looking for SSC (Staff Selection Commission) CGL exam syllabus in Pdf mode so if you have then plz provide me same here or let me know from where I can do download it ??
Old April 20th, 2018, 05:03 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: cgl syllabus pdf download

As you want here I am giving below SSC (Staff Selection Commission) exam syllabus on your demand :

SSC CGL Syllabus (Tier-I Examination)

General Intelligence & Reasoning
Analogies Space Visualization
Arithmetic reasoning Visual memory
Coding & Decoding Statement conclusion & syllogistic reasoning
Number Analogy Non-verbal series
Word building Venn diagrams
Folding & completion Drawing inferences
Problem Solving Spatial Orentation
Judgement, analysis Similarities & Difference
Relationship Concepts Semantic Analogy
Figural Analogy Classification
Numerical operations Indexing
Emotional intelligence Critical thinking

Quantitative aptitude
Time & Distance Basic algebra
Percentage Number relationships
Square roots Decimals & fractions
Ratio & proportion Trigonometry
Time & work Mixture & allegation
Linear equations Interest, discount
Triangles Profit & loss
Histogram Heights & Distance

General Awareness
General History Political Scenario
Culture Entertainment
Geography General Policies
National & International Sports
Finance Economic Scene
Scientific research Current Affairs

English Comprehension
Questions (fill in the blanks) Jumbled sentences
Common errors Sentence correction
Grammar Codes
One-word substitution Synonyms
Phrases Antonym
Idioms Comprehension

SSC (Staff Selection Commission) CGL exam syllabus

Tier-I of the Examination :
(A): General Intelligence & Reasoning : It would include questions of both verbal and
non-verbal type. This component may include questions on analogies, similarities and
differences, space visualization, spatial orientation, problem solving, analysis,
judgement, decision making, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship
concepts, arithmetical reasoning and figural classification, arithmetic number series,
non-verbal series, coding and decoding, statement conclusion, syllogistic reasoning etc.
The topics are, Semantic Analogy, Symbolic/Number Analogy, Figural Analogy,
Semantic Classification, Symbolic/Number Classification, Figural Classification,
Semantic Series, Number Series, Figural Series, Problem Solving, Word Building,
Coding & de-coding, Numerical Operations, symbolic Operations, Trends, Space
Orientation, Space Visualization, Venn Diagrams, Drawing inferences, Punched
hole/pattern –folding & un-folding, Figural Pattern – folding and completion, Indexing,
Address matching, Date & city matching, Classification of centre codes/roll numbers,
Small & Capital letters/numbers coding, decoding and classification, Embedded Figures,
Critical thinking, Emotional Intelligence, Social Intelligence, Other sub-topics, if any.

(B): General Awareness: Questions in this component will be aimed at testing the
candidates general awareness of the environment around him and its application to
society. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of
such matters of every day observations and experience in their scientific aspect as may
be expected of any educated person. The test will also include questions relating to
India and its neighbouring countries especially pertaining History, Culture, Geography,
Economic Scene, General Policy & Scientific Research.

(C): Quantitative Aptitude: The questions will be designed to test the ability of appropriate
use of numbers and number sense of the candidate. The scope of the test will be
computation of whole numbers, decimals ,fractions and relationships between numbers,
Percentage. Ratio & Proportion,Square roots, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss,
Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Alligation, Time and distance, Time &
Work, Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra & Elementary surds, Graphs of Linear
Equations, Triangle and its various kinds of centres, Congruence and similarity of
triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle,
common tangents to two or more circles, Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons ,
Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres,
Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base,
Trigonometric ratio, Degree and Radian Measures, Standard Identities, Complementary
angles, Heights and Distances, Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar diagram & Pie chart
(D): English Comprehension: Candidates’ ability to understand correct English, his basic
comprehension and writing ability, etc. would be tested.
The questions in Parts A, B, & D will be of a level commensurate with the essential
qualification viz. Graduation and questions in Part C will be of 10th standard level.

NOTE-1: The Commission shall have the discretion to fix different minimum qualifying standards
in each component of the Tier-I Examination taking into consideration among others,
category-wise vacancies and category-wise number of candidates. Only those
candidates, who have scored above the cut off marks fixed by the Commission, would
be required to appear in the Tier –II Examination.

NOTE-2: Tier-I examination is used to screen the candidates for appearing in Tier-II examination
for various papers which will be specifically required for different groups of posts. Marks
of such screened candidates in Tier-I will be taken into account for final ranking of
candidates for selecting them for the Computer Proficiency Tests/ Data Entry Skill Test
and also for final selection.

Scheme of Written Examination (Tier-II):
9(B)(i): Paper-I & II are compulsory for all the categories of posts.
9(B)(ii): Paper-III is only for those candidates who apply for the post of Junior Statistical
Officer (JSO)
9(b)(iii): Paper IV is only for those candidates who apply for the post of Assistant Audit
Officer (AAO)/Assistant Accounts Officer(AAO).
9(B)(iv): Candidates opting for the post of Junior Statistical Officer (JSO) and Assistant Audit
Officer/Assistant Accounts Officer must ensure that they possess the requisite qualification
as mentioned in the notice of Examination. Commission reserves the right to take
appropriate action against applicants who do not possess the requisite eligibility while opting
for the post of Junior Statistical Officer (JSO) and Assistant Audit Officer/Assistant Accounts
Officer. Candidature of such candidates who do not possess the requite educational
qualification for a particular post(s) will not be considered for such post(s).
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SSC (Staff Selection Commission) CGL exam syllabus .pdf (193.5 KB, 0 views)