Go Back   2023 2024 Courses.Ind.In > Main Category > Main Forum

Old December 9th, 2015, 02:25 PM
Super Moderator

Default Thiruvalluvar University Ac UG CBCS Final

Discuss about thiruvalluvar university ac ug cbcs final here. Welcome to Courses.ind.in and this page is for thiruvalluvar university ac ug cbcs final discussion. If you are looking for information on thiruvalluvar university ac ug cbcs final then ask your question is as much details as possible in the “Reply” box provided below. The more detailed your question will be, the more easy will it be for our experts to answers your query. And if you have any updated or latest information on thiruvalluvar university ac ug cbcs final, then please share you knowledge with our experts in the “Reply” box below. Your reply will be published here and your knowledge can help many people. Thanks for stopping by at Courses.ind.in. Please visit again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 16th, 2018, 01:42 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: thiruvalluvar university ac ug cbcs final

Hii sir, I Wants to get the Information About the Regulations For Under Graduate Degree Courses CBCS Pattern of the Thiruvalluvar University ?
Old February 16th, 2018, 01:44 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: thiruvalluvar university ac ug cbcs final

Thiruvalluvar University is a public State University in the city of Vellore, Tamil Nadu, India. It was established by the Government of Tamil Nadu, under the Thiruvalluvar University Act, 2002.

Regulations For Under Graduate Degree Courses In humanities, sciences, commerce and management studies CBCS pattern

Definitions:
Programme : “Programme” means a course of study leading to the award of a degree
in a discipline.

Course : “Course” refers to a paper / practical / subject offered under the
degree programme.

Each Course is to be designed variously under lectures / tutorials /laboratory or field work / seminar / practical training / Assignments / Term paper or Report writing etc., to meet effective teaching and learning needs.

Part I : Part I comprises of only 1 category namely Tamil / Other languages.
Tamil/Other languages
“Tamil/other languages” offered under Part I of the programme.

Part II : Part II comprises of only 1 category namely English.
English
“English” language offered under Part II of the programme.

Part III : Part III comprises of 3 categories namely, Core Courses, Allied Courses and
Elective Courses.

i) : Core Courses
“The Core Courses” related to the programme concerned including practicals offered
under Part III of the programme”.

ii) : Allied Courses
“Allied courses” offered under part-III of the programme, which is in nature but
related to the programme concerned”.

iii) : Elective Courses
“Elective courses” related to the core courses of the programme concerned, offered
under Part III of the programme”

Part IV : Part IV comprises of 3 categories namely, (i) Tamil / Advanced Tamil /Non-Major Electives, (ii) Skill Based Courses and (iii) Foundation Courses.

(i)(a): Tamil
“Those who have not studied Tamil upto X std / XII std and taken a non-Tamil language under Part-I shall take Tamil comprising of two courses with 2 credits each (2x2= 4 credits). The course content of which shall be equivalent to that prescribed for the 6th standard by the Board of Secondary Education and they shall be offered in the third and fourth semesters”.
(OR)

(i)(b): Advanced Tamil
“Those who have studied Tamil upto XII std and taken a non-Tamil language under Part-I shall take Advanced Tamil comprising of two courses with 2 credits each (2x2=4 credits) in the third and fourth semesters”.
(OR)
(i)(c) Non-Major Electives
“Others who do not come under a / b can choose the offered non-major electives comprising of two courses with 2 credits each (2x2=4 credits) in the third and fourth semesters”

(ii): Skill based Courses “The courses offered as skill based courses under Part IV of the programme is aimed at imparting Advanced Skill”. This comprises of four courses with 3 credits each (4x3= 12 credits) from 3rd to 6th semesters”

(iii): Foundation Course
There are 3 Foundation Courses offered.
(a) Environmental Studies - offered in 1st Semester, under Part IV of the programme.
(b) Value Education - offered in 2 nd Semester under Part IV of the programme.
(c) Soft Skill - offered in 2nd Semester under Part IV of the programme

Part V :

Part V comprises of only 1 category namely Extension Activity. Extension Activities “All those activities under NSS/NCC/Sports/YRC programme and other co and extra- curricular activities offered under part V of the programme are part of the Extension Activities.

Duration:
This means the stipulated years of study to complete a programme as prescribed by the University from time to time. Currently for the undergraduate programme the duration of study is THREE years.

For more Information you may Consider the below Attachment that is Free to Download

Regulations For Under Graduate Degree Courses CBCS Pattern of the Thiruvalluvar University

Contact Details
Thiruvalluvar University
Address: Serkadu, Vellore, Tamil Nadu 632115
Phone: 0416 227 4755