Go Back   2023 2024 Courses.Ind.In > Main Category > Main Forum

Old June 24th, 2016, 01:27 PM

Default TIFR for Ph D

Discuss about tifr for phd here. Welcome to Courses.ind.in and this page is for tifr for phd discussion. If you are looking for information on tifr for phd then ask your question is as much details as possible in the “Reply” box provided below. The more detailed your question will be, the more easy will it be for our experts to answers your query. And if you have any updated or latest information on tifr for phd, then please share you knowledge with our experts in the “Reply” box below. Your reply will be published here and your knowledge can help many people. Thanks for stopping by at Courses.ind.in. Please visit again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 17th, 2018, 10:11 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: tifr for phd

Can you tell me about the eligibility requirement for admission in Ph D Program through Graduate School Admissions (GS) in TIFR (Tata Institute of Fundamental Research)?
Old February 17th, 2018, 10:12 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: tifr for phd

The Tata Institute of Fundamental Research is India's premier institution for advanced research in fundamental sciences. The Institute runs a graduate programme leading to the award of Ph.D., Integrated M.Sc.-Ph.D. as well as M.Sc. degree in certain subjects.

The Graduate Programme at TIFR is classified into the following Subjects - Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Computer & Systems Sciences (including Communications and Applied Probability) and Science Education.

Graduate School Admissions (GS) Eligibility

MATHEMATICS:
For Ph.D. : M.A./M.Sc./M. Tech.
For I-Ph.D. : B.A./B.Sc./B.E./B. Tech. (Students already having/completing an M.Sc. degree by July 2018 are not eligible).

PHYSICS:
For Ph.D.: M.Sc./M.S. in Physics, or equivalent, on completion of programmes of duration not less than 5 years in total.
For I-Ph.D.:
♦ M.E./M. Tech./B.Sc./B.S./B.E./ B. Tech./B. Chem in Physics, Engineering Physics, or equivalent degree, on completion of programme(s) of duration not less than 3 years in total.
♦ Any other degree in Science / Engineering / Medicine, or equivalent, on completion of programme(s) of duration not less than 3 years in total.
In addition, I-Ph.D. candidates with minimum 4 or more years of university education who clear the written test may be considered by TCIS for their Ph.D. program.

CHEMISTRY:
For Ph.D.: M.Sc./B.E./B. Tech./M. Pharm or equivalent degree.
For I-Ph.D.: B.Sc./B. Pharm./B.S. degree or equivalent degree.
One with B.E./B. Tech degrees can optionally get an M.Sc. degree by fulfilling necessary requirements.

BIOLOGY: One will be shortlisted for interview based on written test marks, CV and Scientific Write-up.
For Ph.D.: Masters in Basic Science (M.Sc. Physics/Chemistry/Any branch of Biology) or Bachelors in Applied Science. These include, M.Sc.(Ag.), B.Tech., B.E., B.V.Sc., B.Pharma. (4 years course), MBBS, BDS, M.Pharma
For I-Ph.D./M.Sc.: Bachelors in any Basic Science (Physics/Chemistry/Any branch of Biology).
For M.Sc. Wildlife Biology & Conservation: Indian nationals who have Bachelor degree in any discipline (with a minimum of 60% in core subjects) and a strong interest in wildlife research and conservation. Graduate nationals for Central, South and Southeast Asian countries, with similar qualifications, are also eligible to apply.

COMPUTER & SYSTEM SCIENCES (including Communications and Applied Probability):
For Ph.D. :
B. Tech./B.E./M. Tech./M.E./M.C.A./M.Sc. or equivalent degree in Computer Science / Electronics & Communications Engineering / Electrical Engineering or related branches. Exceptionally well qualified students with B. Tech./B.E./M. Tech./M.E./M.Sc. degrees in other disciplines may also be considered. Exceptionally well qualified students with a three year degree in related subjects may be considered for I–Ph.D.

Candidates in the final year of qualifying degree can also apply.