Go Back   2023 2024 Courses.Ind.In > Main Category > Main Forum

Old February 21st, 2018, 10:47 AM
Unregistered

Default Thematic Apperception Test

I am medical science student and making some project report on the topic Thematic apperception test (TAT) searching for details related to this. Will you provide basic details of Thematic apperception test (TAT) along with other details so I can put details in my project report?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 21st, 2018, 12:23 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Thematic Apperception Test

Thematic apperception test (TAT) is a projective psychological test.

Proponents of the technique assert that subjects' responses, in the narratives they make up about ambiguous pictures of people.

Procedure to check the test:

The subject is asked to tell as dramatic a story as they can for each picture presented, including the following:

what has led up to the event shown
what is happening at the moment
what the characters are feeling and thinking
what the outcome of the story was

Scoring of the test:

Each of these scoring categories attempts to measure the following information:

—Story Design measures an individual’s ability to identify and formulate a problem situation.

—Story Orientation assesses an examinees level of personal control, emotional distress, confidence and motivation.

—Story Solutions assesses how impulsive an examinee is. In addition to evaluating the types of problem solutions that are provided, the number of problem solutions that examinees provide for each of the TAT cards is summed.

—Story Resolution provides information on the examinees ability to formulate problem solutions that maximize both short and long-term goals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message