Go Back   2023 2024 Courses.Ind.In > Main Category > Main Forum

Old December 10th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Unregistered

Default IIT Delhi Library OPAC

Tell me the procedure of get the Online Public Access Catalogue of Indian institute of technology Library because I want to get it from net so ask you about this so tell me please about this/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 11th, 2012, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: IIT Delhi Library OPAC

You want to know the procedure of accessing IIT Delhi library, so here I am providing you with the required information of the same:
(1)Right-Click the mouse while pointing at the self-extracting "Libsys Windows Client" given below;
(2)Select "Save Target As" option from the menu;
(3)Save the "Libsys Windows Client" on your system in a temporary directory;
(4)Exit from your Internet Browser and click at the self-extracting "Libsys Windows Client";
(5)Unzip "Libsys Windows Client" in a directory preferably named "libsys" or "info". Self-extracting "libsys.exe" file is password protected. The password is "libsys";
(6)Locate file named "lsclient.exe" in the folder "libsys" or "info" from the files that you have just extracted;
(7)Right-Click the mouse while pointing at "lsclient.exe" and select "Creat Shortcut". You would notice an additional file named "Shortcut to lsclient.exe";
(8)Move this file to the desktop; Right-Click the mouse while pointing at "Shortcut to lsclient.exe" file that you have just moved to the desktop and select "properties";
(9)Click at the tab "shortcut" on the top. You would notice "C:\info\lsclient.exe" written in the "Target". Add "iit-lib 7001 0 PA" or "10.116.2.15 7001 0 PA" at the end providing a single space after "lsclient.exe". Click at "OK";
(10)Add the following line at the end of your "hosts" file in "Windows" directory. 10.116.2.15 iit-lib #libsys OPAC.

Your "Libsys Windows Client" is now ready to search Online Library Catalogue for you.

Download self-extracting Libsys Windows Client from the link given below:

Libsys Windows Client
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message