Go Back   2023 2024 Courses.Ind.In > Main Category > Main Forum

Old January 22nd, 2013, 02:53 PM
vinod sharma

Default B.Sc Question Papers Sikkim Manipal University

Dear sir how can I get the B.Sc IT Question Paper based syllabus of Sikkim Manipal University so can you tell me a process for download it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 24th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: B.Sc Question Papers Sikkim Manipal University

Here I am providing the syllabus for Fundamentals of IT subject of B.Sc IT course of SMU.

Unit 1: History of Information
Technology History of Computers; Generation of Computers; First Generation (1940 1956)Vacuum Tubes; Second Generation (1956-1963) Transistors; Third Generation (1965-1971) Integrated Circuits; Fourth Generation (1971- Present) Microprocessors; Fifth Generation Computer. Classification of Computers; Personal Computers; Minicomputers; Mainframes computers; Super computers; Laptop/Palmtop Computers; The Impact of Information Technology on Work and Society

Unit 2: Computer Concepts
Computer Structure; Input Unit; Central Processing Unit; Arithmetic Logic Unit; Control Unit; Memory Unit; Output Unit; Hardware; Computer Software; System Software; Program Software; Application Software; Computer Languages; Operating system

Unit 3: Number Systems
Decimal Number System; Binary Number System; Binary Addition and Subtraction; Binary Multiplication and Division; Conversion from Decimal Numbers to Binary; Converting Fractions Decimal Value to Binary; Negative Numbers; Representing Negative Numbers Using Complements; Complements in Binary Number System; Gates; OR Gate; AND Gate; NOT Gate.

Unit 4: Introduction to Operating Systems

Different Types of Operating Systems; Real-time Operating System; Multi-user and Single-user Operating Systems; Multi-tasking and Single-tasking Operating Systems; Distributed Operating System; Embedded System; Introduction to Windows-XP; Features of Windows XP; Windows XP; My Documents; My Recent Documents; My Pictures; My Music ;My Computer; Control Panel; Printers and Faxes; Help and Support Search; Run; All Programs; Log Off; Turn off Computer; Copying of Files/Folders ;Recycle Bin; Windows Media Player.

Unit 5: Hardware & Software
Computer Components; Computer Memory – Packaging; Cache Memory; Hard Drive(s) – Construction; Controller Interface Types; CD-ROM; Monitor; Keyboard and Mouse; Introduction to Software; Classification of Software; Computer Programming Languages; Translators [Language Processors];Operating System;4GL (Fourth Generation Language).

Unit 6: MS-WORD – I
Starting MS-WORD; Basic Units of MS Word; Closing the MS Word Document ;Closing MS Word ;Saving the Document; Create a new Document; Opening of an Existing Document; Copy; Cut (Move);Formatting the Document; Find ;Insertion; Inserting Tables; Merge Cells; Implementing Formula on Table Contents; Formatting the Contents of the Table ;Draw Table ;Headers and Footers; Change Case.

Unit 7: MS-Excel – I
Starting of Microsoft Excel; Part of MS-Excel Window; Cell and Cell Address; Components of an Excel Workbook; Closing the Excel Workbook;
Closing the Excel; Worksheets within Workbook ;Navigate Worksheet; Enter and Edit Data; Entering and Copying the Formula; Saving the Workbook; Create a New Workbook; Opening of an Existing Workbook; To Copy Cell Contents; Moving the Cell Content; Inserting Cells; Columns and Rows; To Insert One or More Columns; To Insert One or more Rows.

Unit 8: MS-Excel – Part - II
Ranges; Common Excel Functions; Logical Functions; Auto SUM; Auto Fill; Custom List Sheet Lay Out; Alignment; Changing the Column Width; Changing the Height of the Row; Formatting the Values in Cells; Database; Charts; Database Features of Excel; Sorting the Database.

Unit 9: MS - PowerPoint
Starting of Microsoft PowerPoint; Parts of Power Point Window; Creation of PowerPoint Presentation; Save the PowerPoint presentation; Including a chart in the slide ;Importing a Data Sheet from a file; Formatting Options; Slide Transition; Different Views of the Presentation.

Unit 10: Concepts of Media
Types of Media; Text; Graphics; Sound; Animation; Video; Applications of Multimedia; Design and Multimedia; inform your users; Provide Controls. Accessibility; Alternative Version.

Unit 11: Introduction to Internet
History of Internet; Chronological Development of the Internet; Concepts of Internet; Internet backbones; How Internet Works; Requirements for Internet; Uses of Internet; Internet Use; Education; Race; and Age; Internet Explorer; Netscape; Opera; Search Engines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message