Go Back   2023 2024 Courses.Ind.In > Main Category > Main Forum

Old November 29th, 2015, 01:47 PM
Super Moderator

Default Shivaji University Computer Science

Discuss about shivaji university computer science here. Welcome to Courses.ind.in and this page is for shivaji university computer science discussion. If you are looking for information on shivaji university computer science then ask your question is as much details as possible in the “Reply” box provided below. The more detailed your question will be, the more easy will it be for our experts to answers your query. And if you have any updated or latest information on shivaji university computer science, then please share you knowledge with our experts in the “Reply” box below. Your reply will be published here and your knowledge can help many people. Thanks for stopping by at Courses.ind.in. Please visit again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 2nd, 2018, 11:54 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: shivaji university computer science

Can you provide me the syllabus of M.Sc. Computer Science Part - I (Sem I & II) program offered by Department of Computer Science of Shivaji University, Kolhapur?
Old February 2nd, 2018, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: shivaji university computer science

The syllabus of M.Sc. Computer Science Part - I (Sem I & II) program offered by Department of Computer Science of Shivaji University, Kolhapur is as follows:

M. Sc Computer Science (Regular)
Semester -I

Paper- MSc1.1: Computer Organization & Architecture

Unit-1: Computer Organization: (15)
Basic structure of computer, its units, generations, Memory organization, CPU, Input Devices, Output Devices, Language Translators- assembler, interpreter and compiler.
Number System: Number conversion from one number system to another for integers and fractions, Number systems – binary, octal, decimal and hexadecimal. Two’s compliment, addition/subtraction of numbers in twos complement. Binary codes.

Unit-2: Digital Logic Circuits (15)
Various logic gates, Boolean algebra, truth table, solution of Boolean equation, solution using K-map, various flip-flops, excitation table, combinational and sequential circuits Basic Computer Organization and Design: Addressing Modes, Instruction Codes/format, Computer Registers, Computer Instructions, Instruction cycle, Memory Reference Instructions, Input-Output instructions and Interrupts, Design of basic computer

Unit-3: Digital Components (15)
Decoders, Multiplexers, Registers, Shift Registers, Binary Counters Micro programmed Control: Control Memory, Address sequencing, Microprogram example, Design of control unit

Unit-4: Central Processing Unit (15)
CPU-General register organization, stack organization, Instruction Formats, Addressing Modes, Data Transfer and Manipulation , Program Control, CISC and RISC Characteristics

References:-

1. Mano M.M. Computer System Architecture, PHI Publication.
2. Rajaraman V. Fundamentals of Computers.
3. William Stallings, Computer Organisation & Architecture, Maxwell, Macmillan
4. V. Carl Hamacher, Zvonko G. Vranesic, Sajwat G. Zaky, Computer Organisation, McGrewHill Publication.
5. P. Pal Choudhari, Computer Organisation & Design, Prentice Hall of India
6. George W. Gorshine, Computer Organisation, BHI.
7. Carl Hamacher, Zvonko Vranesic, Safwat Zaky, Computer Organisation, Mc Graw Hill

Syllabus M.Sc. Computer Science Part - I (Sem I & II) Shivaji University, Kolhapur