Go Back   2023 2024 Courses.Ind.In > Main Category > Main Forum

Old July 6th, 2016, 03:32 PM

Default anna university tlw question paper

Discuss about anna university tlw question paper here. Welcome to Courses.ind.in and this page is for anna university tlw question paper discussion. If you are looking for information on anna university tlw question paper then ask your question is as much details as possible in the “Reply” box provided below. The more detailed your question will be, the more easy will it be for our experts to answers your query. And if you have any updated or latest information on anna university tlw question paper, then please share you knowledge with our experts in the “Reply” box below. Your reply will be published here and your knowledge can help many people. Thanks for stopping by at Courses.ind.in. Please visit again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 9th, 2017, 09:28 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: anna university tlw question paper

Hi buddy here I am looking for Anna University TLW (Transmission Lines and Wave) Question Paper, so if you have it then would you plz provide me same here ??
Old June 9th, 2017, 09:28 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: anna university tlw question paper

As you want here I am providing Anna University TLW (Transmission Lines and Wave) Question Paper, so on your demand I am providing same here :

B.E / B.TECH. DEGREE EXAMINATION
(Regulation 2004)
EC 1305-TRANSMISSION LINES AND WAVEGUIDES
PART A-[10 x 2 = 20] – Two mark Questions for TLW

1.What is propagation constant ? Which are its two components?
2.State the condition for distortionless line.
3.If the reflection co-efficient of a line is 0.3 ?_?-66?^° ¦ ,calculate the standing wave ratio.
4.What is the value of Z_° for the dissipationless line?
5.What are the characteristics of TEM wave?
6.Write Maxwell’s equations in point form.
7.A rectangular waveguide with dimensions a=8.5cm and b=4.3cm .Determine the cut-off frequency for ?TM?_10 mode of propagation.
8.What is meant by dominant mode of the wave?
9.What is meant by cavity resonator?
10.What is the dominant mode in circular waveguide ? Why ?

PART B ( 16 Mark Questions for TLW )

11 . (a)(i) Derive the expression for voltage and current at any point on a transmission line in terms of receiving end voltage and current.[Marks 10]
11.(a)(ii) A line has the following primary constants
R=100 ?/km L=0.001 H/km
G=1.5 µv/km C=0.062 µF/km.
Find the characteristic impedance and the propagation constant .[Marks 6]
(or)
11(b)(i) Derive Campbell’s equation.[Marks 8]
11.(b)(ii) A generator of 1V,1kHz supplies power to a 100km transmission line terminated in 200 ? resistance. The line parameters are R=10?/km, L=3.8 mH/km, G=1µv/km, C=0.0085 µF/km Calculate the input impedance and reflection coefficient.[Marks 8]

12(a)(i)Define standing wave ratio and obtain the expression of VSWR in terms of reflection coefficient.[Marks 8]
12.(a)(ii) Derive the input impedance of a quarter wave line and discuss its applications.[Marks 8]
(or)
12.(b)(i) Obtain the length and the location of a short circuited stub for impedance
matching on a transmission line.[Marks 10]
12.(b)(ii) A load (50-j100)? is connected to a 50? line. Design a short circuited stub to provide matching between the two at signal frequency of 30Mhz using Smith Chart.[Marks 6]

13.(a)(i) Obtain the solution of field components of a TE wave between parallel plate , propagating in Z direction.[Marks 10]
13.(a)(ii)A pair of perfectly conducting planes are separated by 3.6cm in air. For ?TM?_10 mode determine the cut-off frequency and cut-off wavelength, if the operating frequency is 5Ghz.[Marks 6]
(or)
13.(b)(i) Derive the expressions for the field components of TEM waves between parallel conducting planes. Discuss the properties of TEM waves.[Marks 10]
13.(b)(ii)For a frequency of 10 GHz and plane separation of 5cm in air, find the cut-off wavelength, phase velocity and group velocity of the wave.[Marks 6]

14(a) Deduce the expressions for the field components of TM waves guided along rectangular waveguide. [Marks 16]
(or)
b ) ( i )Derive the expression of wave impedance for TE and TM waves guided along rectangular waveguide.[Marks 8]
(b)(ii) A ?TE?_10 mode is propagated through a waveguide with a=10cm at a frequency of 2.5Ghz.Find the cut-off wavelength, phase velocity, group velocity and wave impedance.[Marks 8]

15.(a)(i) Derive the expressions for the field components of TE waves guided along circular waveguide.[Marks 10]
(a)(ii) A circular waveguide has an internal diameter of 6cm.For a 9GHz signal propagated in the ?TE?_11mode,calculate the cut-off frequency and the characteristic impedance [?(ha)?_11^1=1.84].[Marks 6]
(or)
(b)(i)Obtain the expression for the resonant frequency of a rectangular cavity resonator.[Marks 8]
(b)(ii) Calculate the lowest resonant frequency of a rectangular cavity resonator of dimension a=2cm, b=1cm and d=3cm.[Marks 8]