Go Back   2023 2024 Courses.Ind.In > Main Category > Main Forum

Old July 7th, 2016, 01:38 PM

Default anna university aeronautical notes

Discuss about anna university aeronautical notes here. Welcome to Courses.ind.in and this page is for anna university aeronautical notes discussion. If you are looking for information on anna university aeronautical notes then ask your question is as much details as possible in the “Reply” box provided below. The more detailed your question will be, the more easy will it be for our experts to answers your query. And if you have any updated or latest information on anna university aeronautical notes, then please share you knowledge with our experts in the “Reply” box below. Your reply will be published here and your knowledge can help many people. Thanks for stopping by at Courses.ind.in. Please visit again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 29th, 2017, 06:40 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: anna university aeronautical notes

I want the syllabus of B.E. Aeronautical Engineering of Anna University so can you please provide me?
Old May 29th, 2017, 06:42 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: anna university aeronautical notes

I am providing you the syllabus of B.E. Aeronautical Engineering of Anna University

Anna University B.E. Aeronautical Engineering syllabus

SEMESTER I

Course Code Course Title
THEORY
1. HS6151 Technical English – I
2. MA6151 Mathematics – I
3. PH6151 Engineering Physics – I
4. CY6151 Engineering Chemistry – I
5. GE6151 Computer Programming
6. GE6152 Engineering Graphics
PRACTICALS
7. GE6161 Computer Practices Laboratory
8. GE6162 Engineering Practices Laboratory
9. GE6163 Physics and Chemistry Laboratory - I

SEMESTER II

THEORY
1. HS6251 Technical English – II
2. MA6251 Mathematics – II
3. PH6251 Engineering Physics – II
4. CY6251 Engineering Chemistry – II
5. GE6252 Basic Electrical and Electronics Engineering
6. GE6253 Engineering Mechanics
PRACTICALS
7. GE6261 Computer Aided Drafting and Modeling
Laboratory
8. GE6262 Physics and Chemistry Laboratory - II

SEMESTER III

THEORY
1. MA6351 Transforms and Partial Differential Equations
2. ME6352 Manufacturing Technology
3. AE6301 Aero Engineering Thermodynamics
4. CE6451 Fluid Mechanics and Machinery
5. CE6452 Solid Mechanics
6. AE6302 Elements of Aeronautics
PRACTICAL
7. CE6315 Strength of Materials Laboratory
8. CE6461 Fluid Mechanics and Machinery Laboratory
9. AE6311 Thermodynamics Laboratory
10. AE6312 CAM and Manufacturing Laboratory

SEMESTER IV

THEORY
1. MA6459 Numerical Methods
2. AE6401 Aerodynamics - I
3. AE6402 Aircraft Systems and Instruments
4. AT6302 Mechanics of Machines
5. AE6403 Aircraft Structures - I
6. AE6404 Propulsion - I
PRACTICAL
7. AE6411 Aircraft Structures Laboratory - I
8. AE6412 Aerodynamics Laboratory
9. AE6413 CAD and Aircraft Component Drawing

SEMESTER V

THEORY
1. AE6501 Flight Dynamics
2. AE6502 Aircraft Structures - II
3. AE6503 Aerodynamics - II
4. AE6504 Propulsion - II
5. AE6505 Control Engineering
6. GE6351 Environmental Science and Engineering
PRACTICAL
7. AE6511 Aircraft Structures Laboratory - II
8. AE6512 Propulsion Laboratory
9. GE6674 Communication and Soft Skills- Laboratory
Based

UNIT I 9+3

Listening - Introducing learners to GIE - Types of listening - Listening to audio (verbal & sounds);
Speaking - Speaking about one’s place, important festivals etc. – Introducing oneself, one’s family /
friend; Reading - Skimming a reading passage – Scanning for specific information - Note-making;
Writing - Free writing on any given topic (My favourite place / Hobbies / School life, etc.) - Sentence
completion - Autobiographical writing (writing about one’s leisure time activities, hometown, etc.);
Grammar - Prepositions - Reference words - Wh-questions - Tenses (Simple); Vocabulary - Word
formation - Word expansion (root words / etymology); E-materials - Interactive exercises for Grammar
& Vocabulary - Reading comprehension exercises - Listening to audio files and answering questions.

UNIT II 9+3
Listening - Listening and responding to video lectures / talks; Speaking - Describing a simple process
(filling a form, etc.) - Asking and answering questions - Telephone skills – Telephone etiquette;
Reading – Critical reading - Finding key information in a given text - Sifting facts from opinions;
Writing - Biographical writing (place, people) - Process descriptions (general/specific) - Definitions -
Recommendations – Instructions; Grammar - Use of imperatives - Subject-verb agreement;
Vocabulary - Compound words - Word Association (connotation); E-materials - Interactive exercises
for Grammar and Vocabulary - Listening exercises with sample telephone conversations / lectures –
Picture-based activities.

UNIT III 9+3
Listening - Listening to specific task - focused audio tracks; Speaking - Role-play – Simulation -
Group interaction - Speaking in formal situations (teachers, officials, foreigners); Reading - Reading
and interpreting visual material; Writing - Jumbled sentences - Coherence and cohesion in writing -
Channel conversion (flowchart into process) - Types of paragraph (cause and effect / compare and
contrast / narrative / analytical) - Informal writing (letter/e-mail/blogs) - Paraphrasing; Grammar -
Tenses (Past) - Use of sequence words - Adjectives; Vocabulary - Different forms and uses of
words, Cause and effect words; E-materials - Interactive exercises for Grammar and Vocabulary -
Excerpts from films related to the theme and follow up exercises - Pictures of flow charts and tables
for interpretations.

UNIT IV 9+3
Listening - Watching videos / documentaries and responding to questions based on them; Speaking -
Responding to questions - Different forms of interviews - Speaking at different types of interviews;
Reading - Making inference from the reading passage - Predicting the content of a reading passage;
Writing - Interpreting visual materials (line graphs, pie charts etc.) - Essay writing – Different types of
essays; Grammar - Adverbs – Tenses – future time reference; Vocabulary - Single word substitutes -
Use of abbreviations and acronyms; E-materials - Interactive exercises for Grammar and Vocabulary -
Sample interviews - film scenes - dialogue writing.
UNIT V 9+3
Listening - Listening to different accents, Listening to Speeches/Presentations, Listening to broadcast
and telecast from Radio and TV; Speaking - Giving impromptu talks, Making presentations on given
topics; Reading - Email communication - Reading the attachment files having a poem/joke/proverb -
Sending their responses through email; Writing - Creative writing, Poster making; Grammar - Direct
and indirect speech; Vocabulary - Lexical items (fixed / semi fixed expressions); E-materials -
Interactive exercises for Grammar and Vocabulary - Sending emails with attachment – Audio / video
excerpts of different accents - Interpreting posters.
TOTAL (L:45+T:15): 60 PERIODS

OUTCOMES:
Learners should be able to
 speak clearly, confidently, comprehensibly, and communicate with one or many listeners using
appropriate communicative strategies.
 write cohesively and coherently and flawlessly avoiding grammatical errors, using a wide
vocabulary range, organizing their ideas logically on a topic.
 read different genres of texts adopting various reading strategies.
 listen/view and comprehend different spoken discourses/excerpts in different accents

TEXTBOOKS:

1. Department of English, Anna University. Mindscapes: English for Technologists and
Engineers. Orient Blackswan, Chennai. 2012
2. Dhanavel, S.P. English and Communication Skills for Students of Science and Engineering.
Orient Blackswan, Chennai. 2011

REFERENCES:
1. Raman, Meenakshi & Sangeetha Sharma. Technical Communication: Principles and Practice.
Oxford University Press, New Delhi. 2011.
2. Regional Institute of English. English for Engineers. Cambridge University Press, New Delhi.
3. Rizvi, Ashraf. M. Effective Technical Communication. Tata McGraw-Hill, New Delhi. 2005
4. Rutherford, Andrea. J Basic Communication Skills for Technology. Pearson, New Delhi. 2001.
5. Viswamohan, Aysha. English for Technical Communication. Tata McGraw-Hill, New Delhi.

For complete syllabus here is the attachment

(Anna University B.E. Aeronautical Engineering syllabus)

Contact-

Anna University
Kotturpuram
Chennai, Tamil Nadu