Go Back   2023 2024 Courses.Ind.In > Main Category > Main Forum

Old January 7th, 2016, 04:21 PM
Super Moderator

Default procedure to write ias exam

Discuss about procedure to write ias exam here. Welcome to Courses.ind.in and this page is for procedure to write ias exam discussion. If you are looking for information on procedure to write ias exam then ask your question is as much details as possible in the “Reply” box provided below. The more detailed your question will be, the more easy will it be for our experts to answers your query. And if you have any updated or latest information on procedure to write ias exam, then please share you knowledge with our experts in the “Reply” box below. Your reply will be published here and your knowledge can help many people. Thanks for stopping by at Courses.ind.in. Please visit again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 26th, 2017, 10:36 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: procedure to write ias exam

Can you please tell me the process to write Indian Administrative Service (IAS) Exam? Tell me the tips for preparation of exam?
Old April 26th, 2017, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: procedure to write ias exam

Ok, here I am telling you the best tips for preparation of Indian Administrative Service (IAS) Exam.

IAS Exam preparation Tips-

Make time table of study.

Go Through Previous Year Papers

Do preparation according to the syllabus and the pattern of th exam.

Use memory techniques that speed up your learning.

Frequently practice giving tests and writing answers. That will work as revision and practice.

Listen to the short news and do not waste time in listening to unnecessary discussion based news unless the topic demands it.

Look for notes and study material that are short and effective. But some topics you will have to do indepth studies.

IAS Exam pattern-

It is conducted in 3 stages:

Stage 1: Preliminary Examination (Popularly known as CSAT)

There are two papers in Prelims exams – namely Paper I and Paper II.

Paper I tests you on General Studies and Paper II tests you on Aptitude. Qualifying Paper I lets you appear for the Mains examination. Paper II is only to analyze you i.e it is only of qualifying nature.The marks scored in Paper II are NOT added for the overall merit of the Civil Services Preliminary Examination.

Paper I (General Studies)

200 Marks
Duration: Two Hours
Number of Questions: 100

Paper II (Aptitude)

200 Marks
Duration: Two Hours
Number of Questions: 80

Stage 2: Main Examination (Also known as Mains)

The Main Examination will consist of written examination. The written examination will consist of 9 papers of conventional essay type i.e descriptive in nature.

Stage 3: Personal Interview

Candidates who obtain minimum qualifying marks in the Main Examination as may be fixed by the Commission at their discretion, shall be summoned by them for an interview for a Personality Test.

Syllabus

Paper I Syllabus (General Studies)

Current Affairs: Events of national and international importance
History of India and Indian National Movement
Indian and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World.
Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change (no subject specialization required)
General Science

Paper II Syllabus

Comprehension
Interpersonal skills including communication skills
Logical reasoning and analytical ability
Decision making and problem solving
General mental ability
Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc.) (Class X level), Data Interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level)
English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level).
Questions relating to English Language Comprehension skills of Class X level. (will be tested through passages from English language only without providing Hindi translation)