Go Back   2023 2024 Courses.Ind.In > Main Category > Main Forum

Old January 27th, 2016, 09:31 AM
Super Moderator

Default kpsc prelims

Discuss about kpsc prelims here. Welcome to Courses.ind.in and this page is for kpsc prelims discussion. If you are looking for information on kpsc prelims then ask your question is as much details as possible in the “Reply” box provided below. The more detailed your question will be, the more easy will it be for our experts to answers your query. And if you have any updated or latest information on kpsc prelims, then please share you knowledge with our experts in the “Reply” box below. Your reply will be published here and your knowledge can help many people. Thanks for stopping by at Courses.ind.in. Please visit again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 5th, 2017, 05:01 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: kpsc prelims

Hi i am interedted in having information about Preliminary Examination Pattern and syllabus which is conducted by Karnataka Public Service Commission for reccruitment in verious government services?
Old May 5th, 2017, 05:02 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: kpsc prelims

Karnataka Public Service Commission conducts examination for recruitment for various governments posts in different disciplines and the information pertaining to the examinatio has been mentioned below.

KPSC KAS Exam Pattern

KAS exam is conducted into three parts:

Part I -Preliminary exam
Part II: Main Examination
Part III: Personality Test

Part I: Preliminary exam

In Part I Preliminary exam is conducted. In this exam 100 questions of two marks each are given to solve. This exam will be of 2 hours duration.

Paper
Exam Subjects
No. of questions
Marks

Paper I
General Studies related to National and International importance

Humanities

Total

Paper II

General Studies related to State Importance

General Science & Tech, Environment & Ecology

General Mental Ability

Total

Prelims Exam Syllabus
Paper I:

Current events of National and International importance.

Humanities – History of India – Emphasis shall be on broad general understanding of the subject in its social, economic, cultural and political aspects with a focus on Indian national movement with special emphasis on Karnataka.

World Geography and Geography of India with a focus on Karnataka.

Indian polity and economy, including the country’s political system, rural development, planning and economic reforms in India-sustainable development, poverty alleviation, demographics, social sector initiatives etc.

Paper II:

Current events of State importance and important State Government programmes.

General Science & Technology, Environment & Ecology-contemporary developments in science and technology and their implications including matters of everyday observations and experience, as may be expected of a well-educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific discipline general issues on Health, environmental ecology, biodiversity and climate change that do not require subject specialization.

General Mental Ability- Comprehension, Logical reasoning and Analytical ability, Decision making, problem solving, Basic innumeracy (numbers and their relations, order of magnitude etc.,) and data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc., (class X/SSLC level).”