Go Back   2023 2024 Courses.Ind.In > Main Category > Main Forum

Old June 14th, 2016, 10:20 AM

Default nda unsolved question paper

Discuss about nda unsolved question paper here. Welcome to Courses.ind.in and this page is for nda unsolved question paper discussion. If you are looking for information on nda unsolved question paper then ask your question is as much details as possible in the “Reply” box provided below. The more detailed your question will be, the more easy will it be for our experts to answers your query. And if you have any updated or latest information on nda unsolved question paper, then please share you knowledge with our experts in the “Reply” box below. Your reply will be published here and your knowledge can help many people. Thanks for stopping by at Courses.ind.in. Please visit again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 29th, 2017, 02:52 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: nda unsolved question paper

Hi I would like to have the previous years question paper on General Ability Paper – English Section for the examination held by National Defence Academy?
Old May 29th, 2017, 03:05 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: nda unsolved question paper

The previous years question paper on General Ability Paper – English Section for the examination held by National Defence Academy is as given below:

General Ability Paper – English Section

Spotting Errors

Directions for the following 5 (five) items:

Each item in this section has a sentence with three underlined parts labeled (a), (b) and (c). Read each sentence to find out whether there is any error in any underlined part and indicate your response in the Answer Sheet against the corresponding letter i.e., (a) or (b) or (c). If you find no error, your response should be indicated as (d).

Comprehension

Directions for the following 6 (six) items:

In this section, you have two short passages. Read the passages and answer the items that follow. You are required to select your answers based on the contents of the passage and opinion of the author only.

Passage – 1

We had just passed Tenali, where I roused myself in order to hear the name of the station. As I was falling asleep again, a violent jolt shot me into the arms of somebody in the seat opposite. The engine with one wheel broken was lying across the track and beside it was the luggage van, likewise, derailed. Groaning, wheezing, gasping, sputtering in its death agony, the engine was like a fallen horse which, snorting, trembling in every limb, its flanks heaving, its chest laboring, seems incapable of making the smallest effort to struggle on to its legs again.

6. The author had roused himself as he wanted to

(a) get off

(b) meet someone

(c) know the name of the station

(d) keep himself awake

7. The engine stopped because

(a) the driver had stopped it

(b) one of the wheels was broken

(c) there was a…

(d) there was no fuel

8. The engine is compared to a fallen horse because

(a) it was groaning like a horse

(b) it was lying across the track

(c) it could make no effort to stand upright

(d) it had a broken wheel

Passage – 2

I was beginning to tire a little now. I had been cutting steps continuously for two hours, and Tenzing, too, was moving very slowly. As I chipped steps around still another corner, I wondered rather dully just how long we could keep it up. Our original zest had now quite gone and it was turning more into a grim struggle. I then realized that the ridge ahead, instead of still monotonously rising, now dropped sharply away, and far below I could see the North Col and Rongbuk glacier. I looked upwards to see a narrow ridge running up to a snowy summit. A few more whacks of the ice-axe in the firm snow and we stood on top.

9. Which of the following is the most appropriate description of the area in which the narrator had been moving?

(a) A steep rocky slope

(b) A peak with a flight of steps

(c) A high peak covered with snow

(d) A long ridge

10. ‘I had been cutting steps continuously for two hours’ suggests that

(a) the climber was unskilled in the art of making steps

(b) he had to cut the steps out of snow before climbing up which was necessarily a slow process

(c) the slowness was caused by the fact that as soon as he cut the steps they were again covered with snow

(d) he had to work suspended from a ledge

11. ‘It was turning more into a grim struggle’ would mean

(a) that after the long exertion he was feeling so weak that any further climbing meant a hard struggle with the forces of nature

(b) that Tenzing was making the task more difficult

(c) that strong cold wind was pushing him down from above and that he had to struggle with the forces of nature

(d) that he was in a mood to give up ultimately

Selecting Words

Directions for the following 10 (ten) items:

Each of the following items in this section has a sentence with a blank space and four words or groups of words given after the sentence. Select whichever word or group of words you consider most appropriate for the blank space and indicate your response on the Answer Sheet accordingly.

12. I _________ you to be at the party this evening.

(a) look forward to

(b) hope

(c) expect

(d) think

13. When I met John yesterday, it was the first time I _________ him since Christmas.

(a) saw

(b) have seen

(c) had seen

(d) have been seeing

14. He ________ to listen to my arguments and walked away.

(a) denied

(b) disliked

(c) prevented

(d) refused

15. The flow of blood was so ________ that the patient died.

(a) intense

(b) adequate

(c) profuse

(d) extensive

16. You have never __________ me about your experiences in America.

(a) said

(b) told

(c) explained

(d) spoken

17. I always felt hungry _________ I heard the dinner bell.

(a) as much as

(b) as well as

(c) as soon as

(d) as close as

18. Although they took every precaution, they could not ________ the accident.

(a) defer

(b) allow

(c) avoid

(d) block

19. The ambitious nobleman __________ to marry the king’s daughter.

(a) transpired

(b) perspired

(c) aspired

(d) expired

20. The dictator of that country was a monster of wickedness, insatiable in his _________ for blood and plunder.

(a) idea

(b) vision

(c) lust

(d) intention

Ans. (c) lust

21. Please don’t give me any more, I have had _________.

(a) few

(b) too little

(c) little

(d) enough