Go Back   2023 2024 Courses.Ind.In > Main Category > Main Forum

Old December 28th, 2019, 08:28 PM
Unregistered

Default University Of Mysore Set

I want to appear in University of Mysore Karnataka State Eligibility Test (KSET) exam and for the same here come to collect info related to this exam so would you plz let me know about the same here ??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 28th, 2019, 08:53 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: University Of Mysore Set

University of Mysore conducts Karnataka State Eligibility Test (KSET) for lecturer and assistant professorship. Karnataka State Eligibility Test (K-SET) Center for Lectureship conducts this exam with a total of 32 subject specializations.

Eligibility
Should have secured minimum 55% marks (without rounding off) for general category. On the other hand, the minimum marks for Schedule Category (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Persons With Disability (PWD-VH/PH), Category I, IIA, IIB, IIIA and IIIB, is 50% in master’s degree or equivalent exam from universities/institutions recognised by UGC New Delhi, in the subjects opted for KSET examination.

Exam Paper Pattern /syllabus
Paper-I : General Paper is on Teaching and Aptitude:

This Paper shall be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the applicants. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the applicants.

In the event of applicants attempting more than fifty questions, the first fifty questions attempted by the applicants would be evaluated and within that if grace marks awarded at later stage before declaration of the results to any question even if the candidate unattempted then such questions will also include in the count while taking the count of first 50 questions.

Paper-II : Subject Paper:

This Paper shall consist of questions based on the subject selected by the candidate. Each paper will consist of a Test Booklet containing 50 compulsory Multiple-choice questions (MCQ) of two marks each and maximum marks will be 100.

Paper-III : Subject paper (in depth questions):

This Paper will consist of 75 Multiple-choice (MCQ) compulsory questions from the subject selected by the candidates. Each question will carry two marks and maximum marks will be 150..

i) All the questions of paper II & Paper III are compulsory, covering the entire syllabus (including all electives, without any options). The applicants will have to mark the responses for questions of paper I and Paper II in OMR sheet provided with test booklet of Paper I and the responses for paper III should be marked in the OMR sheet provided with test booklet of Paper III.

ii) A candidate who does NOT appear for Paper-I and Paper-II will NOT be permitted to appear for Paper-III.

iii) There will be no negative marking.

iv) For Persons with disability (PWD -Visually Handicapped / Physically Handicapped) 30 minutes extra time will be provided separately for Paper-I and Paper- II. For Paper-III, 45 minutes extra time shall be provided. They will also be provided the services of a scribe. The services of a scribe will be provided for VH applicants and in case of PH applicants who are not in a position to write in their own handwriting. Such of those VH/PH applicants seeking services of scribes have to make a written request (at least 15 days before the date of KSET examination) to the Nodal officer of the respective test center opted by the candidate. Extra time and facility of scribe would not be provided to other Physically Handicapped applicants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message