Go Back   2023 2024 Courses.Ind.In > Main Category > Main Forum

Old December 18th, 2012, 10:10 AM
ankita singh

Default RBI FEMA act

Are you give me information about the Foreign Exchange Management Act that is offer by RBI bank and also provide me address of the FEMA department
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 19th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: RBI FEMA act

You want to know about RBI FEMA Act so here it is:

In this connection, it is clarified that whenever a contravention is identified by the Reserve Bank or brought to its notice by the entity involved in contravention by way of a reference other than through the prescribed application for compounding, the Bank will continue to decide (i) whether a contravention is technical and/or minor in nature and, as such, can be dealt with by way of an administrative / cautionary advice; (ii) whether it is material and, hence, is required to be compounded for which the necessary compounding procedure has to be followed or (iii) whether the issues involved are sensitive / serious in nature and, therefore, need to be referred to the Directorate of Enforcement (DOE). However, once a compounding application is filed by the concerned entity suo moto, admitting the contravention, the same will not be considered as ‘technical’ or ‘minor’ in nature and the compounding process shall be initiated in terms of
section 15 (1) of Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999 read with Rule 9 of Foreign Exchange (Compounding Proceedings) Rules, 2000.

Rest of information available in attached pdf file and it is free for you.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf RBI FEMA Act.pdf (24.2 KB, 4 views)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message