Go Back   2023 2024 Courses.Ind.In > Main Category > Main Forum

Old December 18th, 2012, 09:58 AM
surekha gavhane

Default Mumbai University BMS syllabus results

I am going to take admission in BMS degree course from the Mumbai university so you give me BMS degree course syllabus of this University?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 19th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Mumbai University BMS syllabus results

You want BMS course syllabus of Mumbai University so following is its syllabus:

1.1 Foundations of Human Skill-I
Basics of human nature, influence of heredity and enviroment, intelligence, abilities, basic dimensions of individual interactions in society, characteristics of groups and their behaviour, nature of groups at work, leadership.

1.2 Finance and Cost Accounting
Introduction to accountancy, preparation of final statements of accounts with adjustments, importance and advantages of cost accounting, elements of cost, cost classification, preparation of cost sheets.

1.3 Business Law
Contract act, companies act, partnership act, negotiable instruments act, laws relating to agencies, sureties, mortgages, sale of goods, insurance, excise and customs.

1.4 Quantitative Methods for Business-I
Basic statistical concepts, summarisation of data (frequency distribution; measures of central tendency, measure of dispersion, relative dispersion-skewness, kurtosis), elementary probability theory (relative frequency approach, axiomatic approach, subjective probability, marginal and conditional probability, independence/ dependence of events), elementary statistical distributions (binomial, poisson, normal sampling, estimation - point and interval, sampling distribution mean and proportion, testing of hypothesis), simple correlation and regression (Spearman's rank correlation), types of sampling (simple and random, stratified and clustered), time series (components, estimation of trends and seasonal components)

1.5 Effective Communication-I
Concepts and meaning of communication, types of communication, attributes of effective communication, barriers to effective communication, speaking, listening, writing, basics of written business communication.

1.6 Principles of Management-I
Evolution, objectives, importance and advantages of management, role and functions of a manager, activities of management, functional aspects of management, practices of management in the Indian context, concepts of profession and professionalisation of management, role and ethics of management.

1.7 Introduction to Computers
Basic computing concepts (software-hardware, classification of computers, input-output, on-line and real-time processing, generations of computers, operating system), networking (LAN, WAN, MAN), DBMS, computer viruses, information system (concept, application, MS Office).

Rest of syllabus is given in attached pdf file which you can free download whenever you want.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Mumbai University BMS syllabus.doc (72.5 KB, 7 views)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message