Go Back   2023 2024 Courses.Ind.In > Main Category > Main Forum

Old January 7th, 2016, 04:03 PM
Super Moderator

Default what is the pattern of ias exam

Discuss about what is the pattern of ias exam here. Welcome to Courses.ind.in and this page is for what is the pattern of ias exam discussion. If you are looking for information on what is the pattern of ias exam then ask your question is as much details as possible in the “Reply” box provided below. The more detailed your question will be, the more easy will it be for our experts to answers your query. And if you have any updated or latest information on what is the pattern of ias exam, then please share you knowledge with our experts in the “Reply” box below. Your reply will be published here and your knowledge can help many people. Thanks for stopping by at Courses.ind.in. Please visit again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 31st, 2017, 04:55 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: what is the pattern of ias exam

Hi buddy I am going to appear Indian Administrative Service (IAS) Exam and for the same would you plz tell me what is the Pattern Of IAS Exam ???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 31st, 2017, 04:55 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: what is the pattern of ias exam

As you want here I am telling Indian Administrative Service (IAS) Exam pattern

Exam Pattern Details: Civil Services Exam Consists of 2 Stages.
I. Preliminary Examination (Objective Type)
II. Main Examination (Written and Interview)

I. Preliminary Examination:
The Examination shall comprise two compulsory papers of 200 marks each.

(i) Both the question papers will be of the objective type (multiple choice questions).

(ii) The question papers will be set both in Hindi and English. However, questions relating to English Language Comprehension skills of Class X level will be tested through passages from English Language only without providing Hindi translation thereof in the question paper.

(iii) Each paper will be of two hours duration. Blind candidates will however; be allowed an extra time of twenty minutes at each paper

NOTE:
1. The questions on English Language Comprehension skills (of Class X level) contained in each set of Test Booklets of Paper-II are not to be attempted as these questions shall not be evaluated for gradation or merit. The Candidates are, therefore, advised not to attempt questions on English Language Comprehension skills for which Hindi translation has not been given in the respective Test Booklets of Paper-II.

2. The Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2014, shall thus comprise of two compulsory papers of which Paper-I will be of 200 marks and Paper II will be of 200 marks minus the maximum marks allocated to the questions on English Language Comprehension skills.

3. Final merit for qualifying the candidates for the Civil Services (Main) Written Examination will be drawn by using the aggregate marks obtained in Paper-I out of 200 marks and marks obtained in Paper-II out of 200 marks minus the maximum marks allocated to the questions on English Language Comprehension skills (i.e. those questions in Paper-II for which Hindi translation has not been given).

II. Main Examination:

1. The written examination will consist of the following papers:

Qualifying Papers:

Paper- A: One of the Indian Language to be selected by the candidate from the Languages included in the Eighth Schedule to the Constitution).- 200 Marks

Paper‐ B: English- 200 Marks

Papers to be counted for MeritPaper Subject Maximum Marks
Paper-I Essay 250
Paper -II General Studies-I(Indian Heritage and Culture, History and
Geography of the World and Society) 250
Paper-III General Studies-II(Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social
Justice and International relations) 250
Paper-IV General Studies-III(Technology, Economic Development,
Bio-diversity, Environment, Security andDisaster Management) 250
Paper-V General Studies-IV (Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude) 250
Paper-VI Optional subject Paper-I 250
Paper-VII Optional subject Paper-II 250